Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Chanpen Thai

Under food:



Chanpen Thai
Hell's Kitchen



We stopped by this thai joint because it was in the vicinity of Terminal 5, where the Thievery show was held last week. It looked pretty crowded, which is always a good sign.





Mixed apps: clockwise from top: fried veggie spring rolls, potato curry puff, veggie dumpling (I like how it looked like a little goldfish), fried shrimp roll, veggie side.


Chanpen offered Chang beer, which was a smooth, flowery pilsner that went well with the food.

For our main, DJKung got the pad ped (of course) and I had the red veggie curry. We thought it was such a crime that rice was extra. I think it was $3 for a small cup, which was just too much.


Red veggie curry. I do not remember what it was exactly called. Nice spice mix, but nonetheless, it was not satisfying. I think I was expecting a coconut curry.




Pad ped (duck salad). It came on a nice bed of beans and veggies. DJKung said it was pretty good (although I've never heard him nix any pad ped yet).




DJKung's friends got the fish with curry sauce, which we liked. You could taste the kaffir lime in the curry... very nice. They also ordered a noodle dish in a hot pot which we did not get to try.
It appears that Chanpen Thai gets a lot of foot traffic from Times Square.

















No comments:

Post a Comment