Wednesday, December 3, 2008

K Sandwiches, San Diego, California


Under food:




K Sandwiches

7604 Linda Vista Boulevard

San Diego, CA 92111

(858) 278-8961





Ok, this is the final California post for now. It's been a whirlwind of a Thanksgiving break for me this year, with all of the new places we've tried. En route to San Diego Intl Airport, I had to make a pit stop to my favorite sandwich place, K Sandwiches. It is a stand-alone building with a sputnik lights atop it. In another strip mall. Best of all, it's open 24 hours.


K Sandwiches specializes in banh mi, the Vietnamese sandwiches that come with various meats and pickles.






This is where you place your order. (To get a better look, click on the picture.) The sandwiches witht he green background are their bahn mi, and the ones with the blue background are their regular sandwiches.After you pay, you receive a number that is announced when your food is ready. I like how the little video screen anounces your order in Vietnamese.


Fresh baked goods. THeir baguettes for the banh mi are made in-house. I have not tried their croissants, but they sure look light and flaky.



Cold drinks. There are a lot of fruit juices.





This section is usually filled with other goodies like rice cakes and little snacks, also made in-house. They usually have other prepared dishes like goi cuon and noodles. It was only 6am when I stopped by, so they have not laid them out yet.



Bubble teas.


For the flight home, I picked one sardine and one vegetarian banh mi. I also got a grilled pork and a shredded pork banh mi for the furs back home.







Sardine banh mi.



Sardine banh mi, opened. It includes canned sardines in tomato sauce, pickles, cilantro, green peppe slices. The bread was very light and crusty. This sandwich was very peppery, and so satisfying.




I started eating this vegetarian banh mi before I remembered to take a picture. I'm not sure what the crispy veggies on the top half of the bread were, but it was sweet. Also comes with pickles, green pepper, cilantro.



This is DJKung's grilled pork banh mi. He said it tasted like pho in a sandwich. Chibby had some, and ate everything--- bread, pickles and all.




I was not able to take a picture of the shredded pork banh mi, which Chibby had the next day. DJKung said that it does not keep well overnight, but Chibby had no complaints.


Other dishes I've tried here: goi cuon and fresh waffles. Next time I come back, I'll try some of their coffee too! I wish there was a K Sandwich joint here in NJ!









No comments:

Post a Comment